Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Always. Wanting. More.

Why do I always complicate the greater plan for my life?
Why does it seem there's an emptiness inside me that I'm not sure how to saturate?
What is it that I'm seeking?
Why is there always an emptiness, a void, a gap, a longing...for more?

...More of what, though?
More talent?
More quietness, maybe?
More to surround myself with...?

Why am I always trying to fill this gap with people?
Is it people I need? Or is it a person? Or is it even anyone else at all? Is it simply more me that's needed?
Is it something within me longing to become a bigger part of my life?
Why when I'm by myself, sometimes I'm miles away in my heart and in my head? Why do I wander off on some search mission in a distant place in my mind?

What is it that I'm after? What is that rock that I'm looking for?
Why am I always on a mission?
Why is contentment never part of my equation?
Am I always wanting something?
Why is enough never enough for me?
Why do I always think there has to be more?
Why is peace so hard for me to have? Is it simply that I cannot accept peace?
Why is it that I'm always pushing for the next big thing?
Why does my mind seem to torture me?
Why is there always a sense of unsettledness there?
Why do I have an overwhelming desire for what cannot be described - always?

Am I alone in this? Or do others feel this, as well?
Is this a positive, or a negative? Maybe it just simply is?

Sometimes I think I need to just breath and just be. 




No comments:

Post a Comment