Thursday, October 29, 2015

To be a Kid

Sometimes I want to be a kid again.

Actually, I don't. I don't want to relive all my childhood days. They are in the past for a reason.

But I want to be a kid at heart.

I want to wear little bouncing pigtails in my hair.

I want to hop from hay bale to hay bale.

I want to dig in the sandbox with my Tonka truck.

I want to swing so high my toes touch the clouds.

Just for a day.

I want to play dress-up with all mom's old high school clothes.

I want to giggle like my life depends on it.

I want to wiggle my toes in the mud.

I want to ride on the back of the hay rack while dad works.

Just for a moment.

I want to scream at worms and crawling things.

I want to "help" grandma in the kitchen. 

I want to cry when I hurt, be held closely and reassured that everything will be okay. 

I want to lie on my back in the grass and stare up at the clouds.

Just for an hour. 

I want to jump on the trampoline until my stomach turns. 

I want to chase a puppy around, tugging at its tail and folding its little ears.

I want to race my sister to the end of the driveway on my bike (minus the skinned knees).

I want to not have a care in the world. 

Growing up is all I wanted back then, and now all I want is for one day, to see the world through the eyes of a child just one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment